Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NO NOT A GINGERBREAD HOUSE...

Confession, I don't like making gingerbread houses. Years ago I decided to be all cool and make a gingerbread house from scratch. I envisioned the most amazing gingerbread house. You know the one with towers, steeples, stained glass candy windows, candy brick path ways, sugary snow everywhere. It was going to be amazing... NOPE, it was a nightmare. Gingerbread isn't fun to bake, and definitely trying to get pieces to bake, that then need to connect..so not happening. I couldn't get the walls to hold together. Nothing connected. My royal icing was all wrong, it just ran everywhere. Stained glass candy windows...yeah right...what a joke. The whole experience was a disaster. Ever since this experience I just have it in my head that "I HATE MAKING GINGERBREAD HOUSES." When my kids want to make a gingerbread house, I buy the kit. You know the one you get at the grocery store. Yes, I own a bakery and I buy the gingerbread house kit.

Well today, I got to conquer my fear of the gingerbread house...well sorta...in my own way. I love working with cake. I am not intimidated by it at all. I will try to make anything using cake as my medium. I am sure you have seen some of my creations. So when one of our customers asked if we could make a gingerbread house out of cake...I was like...yeah, I can do that, even though "I HATE MAKING GINGERBREAD HOUSES."

Today was the day, and here is what I made...



I truly LOVED how it turned out. It was so fun to create this cute little house of sugar and sweets. After I was done, I wanted to move in. So throw me your challenge. I would LOVE to create a special cake for you. 
Love, Marcee

No comments: