Tuesday, August 25, 2009


This week the blog special is my personal favorite! It’s a comfort food and oh so tasty. It’s the Red Velvet cupcake. I remember the first time I had red velvet; I was living in NYC and had a bit of a slice of cake from a friend’s plate. I did not like it! The cake part was okay but the frosting was too heavy and sweet. After years of saying no thanks I don’t like red velvet cake I came to work at Dippidee’s and decided to try it again. Customers were always asking if I liked it and what it tasted like. So I final gave it a second chance, i took a big bite of a cupcake! I was surprised to find out I do like it! One of the things that makes ours a little different is we use a different type of frosting. It looks like butter cream but its not as rich, and sweet. It’s a very smooth and creamy frosting. Its in fact PERFECT for this dense, moist, butter milk base cake! Come by this week and try it for yourself! Its buy 1 get 1 free if you mention the blog!
(1 per customer please)

No comments: